"I think she was afraid to love sometimes. I think it scared her. She was the type to like things that are concrete, like the ocean. Something you could point to and know what it was. And I think thats why she struggled with love. She couldn't touch it. She couldn't hold on to it and make sure it never changed."
1. Because you’ll try to touch my heart and you’ll cut your hand on six months’ worth of beer bottles.
2. Because you’ll kiss me and I’ll burn your mouth like the end of a lit cigarette.
3. Because I get lost in the dark too easily.
4. Because I’m afraid of heights, and you’re a thirty-foot drop.
5. Because I’m not coffee and raindrops. I am blood stains and heroin.
6. Because in twelve months, you’ll still be flushing me from your veins.
7. Because in twelve months, you’ll still be tangled up in mine.